Lingonberry almond butter cookies
Since Swedes love their “fika”, it is our pleasure to bring you another great recipe that will turn your everyday coffee breaks and birthday parties into feasts. Or why not use these goodies to impress your near and dear ones during the upcoming holidays? These Lingonberry almond butter cookies are just as tasty as they look. The delicious lingonberry jam blends perfectly with the almond butter cookies, or if you prefer to do them using peanut butter instead, that works really great as well. That is the beauty of the versatile flavor of lingonberries, you can use them with almost anything.
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp creamy almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg white + 1 tsp of yolk break yolk, allowing about a teaspoon or less to run in with the egg whites. Discard the rest of the yolk.
- Pinch of salt to taste
- 12 tsp Felix lingonberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir almond butter to make sure oil is well incorporated. Measure out almond butter, brown sugar, egg white, vanilla, and additional salt if desired into electric mixer bowl.
- Using paddle attachment, mix 1 to 2 minutes, scraping down sides occasionally until everything is incorporated and mixture looks doughy and less sticky. If mixing by hand, make sure to mix well so oil doesn’t separate.
- Wet your hands to keep the dough from sticking and roll the mixture into 12 even balls flatten and place on baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes until edges are slightly darker and bottoms start to crisp up. Cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cool, smear the center with a scant teaspoon of Felix lingonberry jam and place together like a sandwich.
Tried this recipe?Tell us what you think on Instagram