Quick turkey chili with lingonberry
Nowadays, we are pressed for time almost everyday. This, however, does not mean that we shouldn’t take time to eat good, tasty and varied food. This chili ticks all those boxes, plus it is really easy and quick to execute. So what are you waiting for – start cooking!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 green bell pepper roughly chopped
- 5 scallions sliced (white and green parts separated)
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup Felix lingonberry jam
- 1 28- ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 15- ounce can white beans cannellini
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the tomato paste, chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring, until the mixture darkens, about 1 minute.
- Add the bell pepper, scallion whites and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until the bell pepper is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the jam, tomatoes, beans and bring to a simmer. Partially cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, and heat about 10 to 12 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Tell us what you think on Instagram