Chicken tacos with lingonberry slaw
In Sweden, Friday night equals taco night! Ask any Swede and they will confirm. Swedes simply cannot get enough of these Mexico-inspired shells of greatness. Therefore, Swedes have developed a huge variety of ways to indulge in our favorite dish, without ever getting tired of it. Even if we decide to eat tacos on a Monday or Wednesday as well. Here we are serving you yet another great way to enjoy your tacos – with lingonberries!
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot shredded
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup Felix lingonberry jam
- 2 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 +1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp hot sauce or cayenne sauce
- 1 +1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup Felix lingonberry jam
- 8 hard or soft taco shells
- Queso fresco crumbled
- Combine all ingredientsand set aside while you make the filling.
- In a sauté pan heat vegetable oil at medium, then add chopped onion, cooking 3 minutes.
- Then add ground chicken, chili powder, cumin, and hot sauce. Continue cooking and stirring until chicken is cooked through.
- Add chicken broth and Felix Lingonberry Jam. Simmer until the liquid has reduced completely.
- Layer chicken mixture, then cheese and slaw in the shells of your choice. Makes 8 tacos.
Tried this recipe?Tell us what you think on Instagram