Lingonberry breakfast bars
These bars are so yummy that you are going to want to eat them all day long. However, we think that they are perfect to enjoy as a quick breakfast on-the-go, or why not bring them along in your lunch box.
- 1 +1/2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp Felix lingonberry jam
- 15 oz chickpeas garbanzo beans, canned
- 2 medium bananas
- 3/4 cup flour gluten free
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips dark
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 8x8” baking pan with parchment and set aside.
- Whisk together the flaxseed meal or grind whole flaxseeds and combine with water in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend chickpeas and banana in a food processor until completely smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, reserving the chocolate chips. Add the chickpea puree into the dry ingredients along with the vanilla, lingonberry jam and flaxseed mixture mix and mix to combine. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake on center oven rack for 24-26 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 - 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before slicing (this is important!).
- Slice into 12 - 16 bars. Store on the counter for a few hours if they seem too moist, otherwise put them in an airtight container and store for 2-3 days.
Tried this recipe?Tell us what you think on Instagram