Lingonberry shortbread cookies
These lingonberry shortbread cookies are truly versatile. The element of rosemary in the cookies gives you the opportunity to choose if you want to serve them as an uncommon and sweet appetizer, or if you want to introduce your guests to an exotic and unconventional treat that they can enjoy with their after dinner coffee.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp Felix lingonberry jam
- 1 +1/2 cup flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp rosemary chopped
- Put softened butter and sugar in mixer and beat till creamy. Add Felix lingonberry jam and continue to mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and rosemary and gently whisk. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Dough should be a little dry but still form a ball.
- Gather dough into a ball and place in plastic wrap. Flatten into a disc and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll chilled dough out on a lightly floured surface. Stamp out cookies using a 3 inch circle cutter or any other desired shape cutter.
- Using a smaller cookie cutter, cut a second shape from the center of half of the cookies. Transfer all the cookies to separate parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing each 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies at 350°F for 10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Allow to cool on wire rack.
- Once cooled, spread Felix lingonberry jam onto the whole cookies. Top with the cut-out cookie and press gently to adhere so the jam shows through. Sprinkle with confectionary sugar.
Tried this recipe?Tell us what you think on Instagram