Millet-breaded chicken fingers with lingonberry dipping sauce
Chicken fingers is a really popular snack, and this Millet-breaded version, with a delicious lingonberry dipping sauce on the side, will be no exception. Plus it is really easy to do. Give the kids a yummy snack, or why not treat yourself!?
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 2 inch strips
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cooked Millet or Quinoa
Lingonberry Dipping Sauce
- 4 tbsp Felix lingonberry jam
- 1 +1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Worchester sauce
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Place ¾ cup of dried Millet in a pot with 1 ½ cups of water. Allow Millet to boil on medium heat for 20 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425°F and grease a baking sheet. In a small bowl whisk flour, salt, and pepper. In a second bowl whisk eggs. Place the Millet in a third bowl.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture, then eggs, and lastly in the Millet, being sure to coat well. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Spray chicken fingers generously with cooking spray (this helps the nuggets to get crispy, but can be skipped if you prefer) and bake for 15-20 minutes until nuggets are cooked through and browned (or you can also pan fry instead).
- For the lingonberry dipping sauce, puree the jam until smooth. Then simply mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Serve alongside chicken fingers.
Tried this recipe?Tell us what you think on Instagram